Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lily Of The Valley

Song of Solomon 2:1

“I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.”


The lily of the valleys were beautiful flowers that in a typical fashion express the beauty and loveliness of the Lord. These were common flowers of the field, which portray that Christ is willing to share the beauty and fragrance of His life with everybody.

There are many Hymn's that refer to Jesus as The Lily Of The Valley.

He's the Lily of the valley, He's the bright and Morning Star
He's the fairest of ten thousands,Everybody ought to know.
On the cross He died for sinners, And His blood makes white as snow.
He's the fairest of ten thousands, Everybody ought to know.





This plant is very hardy and will grow almost anywhere. Especially in the shade. Just like the shade, darkness of our sin!
My Lily of the valley are blooming now. If any of you have some in your yard or have seen them, you know how this small white bell flower stands out next to the deep green leaves.
You also know the strong distinctive fragrance. I feel this is the smallest flower with the strongest, permeating fragrance that I have ever seen. No wonder scripture calls God the Lily of the valley.

I remember these plants from the time I could walk when I lived in ND. This plant even withstands the cold sub 0 degree winters and gently pops its camouflage stem out of the cool ground every spring! I hope you have all had the opportunity to enjoy this magnificent plant and smell its beautiful fragrance.

1 comment:

Angel said...

I took pictures of my Lily of the Valley too but upon closer examination of the picture, 5 neat piles of dog poo took center stage! I don't think I will show anyone!!! Your flowers are all beautiful!