Saturday, October 13, 2007

God's beautiful artwork!

The hedge that is all along the South side of our yard is at its peek fall color stage right now. As you can tell it is several different shades of orange, yellow, reds and greens.
It won't be long and all those colored hedge leaves will be on the ground.

My second cousin and I had the opportunity to drive south, up in the hills for a 2 hour walk in the beauty of Gods art work. I love the colors and thought I would share a few pictures with you just in case you haven't had the opportunity to get out amongst them this season. We parked the car at this off the road shaded spot and we were off.

It was a perfect day at 70 degrees with a light breeze. I love the sound of the wind blowing through the leaves and pine trees.

I took our 10 year old dog along for the walk. He really gets excited and found several little ground squirrels to chase and sniff. Here he is coming back from a long chase. He was getting tired from all the running. More like it, he wasn't ready to come back when I called for him.


We saw some deer and wild turkey too. I didn't get a picture of them though. We could hear the wild turkey from time to time on our walk.


The trees here are mostly golden, not a lot of reds. but still pretty.


This picture is of a redder bush. We could hear the 1880 train that travels through the forest from Hill City to Key Stone. It sounds so neet, this time of year is the perfect time to ride the train with the cool weather and pretty fall leaves.





This is my fall decoration in front of our house. We have this old wheel barrow so I just use it to display some of Gods beautiful fall colors.


Remember when I told you my flowers on the South side weren't doing so good because it was too hot? Well I thought I would show you how much these wave petunia's love the cool fall weather. There are so many blossoms on this plant I can't even count them all. It makes it hard to think of the inevitable frost not too far away. I am so glad I thought to cover a lot of the flowers and garden about 1 month ago. It sure extended the lives of these plants.



This is the cascade Geranium that blooms all summer long and is more beautiful then ever right now. I hope you have taken some time this fall to enjoy Gods nature and beautiful art work.
These pictures just can't show the full beauty. He tell us in His word, the Bible,
BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD! What better way to do this is be about in His creation and ever changing seasons.

No comments: