Friday, October 5, 2007

Precious hands and feet

When I look at these sweet little hands and feet I wonder what they will be doing 5 years from now, 10 years from now and even 20, 30 years from now. I only know that we have had the privilege and blessing to know and love this precious child for the last several months. As foster grandparents we have grown to love this precious gentle child very much. We are thankful that he has been a part of our lives and that we always will have the privilege to pray for him, asking God to watch over him, keep him from harm, guide him through life and and send His holy Spirit, that He might always know the free gift of eternal life through Christ Jesus.

This little grandson of ours will soon be going home to his family. We know the joy they must be feeling and how much they must have missed him. We certainly will miss him greatly but we would rather deal with the sadness of parting then to never have had known him.

I know this parting is not only hard for us but for our Daughter, son-in-law and our 11 yr old grandson. We all need your prayers. God has promised to give us strength in every situation, all we need do is ask.

Do not be anxious about anything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. Philippians 4:6

In the center of the Bible, Psalm 119:28 it reads, My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

No comments: