Saturday, May 17, 2008

I Lit the candle today!

I lit the candle today for a very special reason!


In January I had the privilege of attending a BABY SHOWER for one of my dear friends. She is almost like a daughter!

She is like a sister to my two daughters.
Here she is about to open the gift I gave her!

You can see it was a Baby scrap book picture album with room for the name of the baby. Please remember that thought!
This balloon centerpiece attached to a basket was very unique.
In the basket was a special token for each guest.


This is that very token, lit bright on my table. You can read the card better if you click on the photo to enlarge it. It smells so sweet but I'm sure not as sweet as that precious baby girl born this morning,
May 17, 2008
born at 7:48 AM
weighing 7lb 7oz
19.5 inch's long

I lit the dark blue candle when she was 10 hours old.
Dark blue or navy is also her mothers favorite color.
I lit the candle later so it would be pretty this evening.
Candles always look so nice at night. I will burn it steady until it is gone,
reminding me to say periodic prayers for both her and her mother.
Oh yes, we don't forget the father.
It has been burning now for over 2 hours, You can see how the wax is melted and giving off such a nice berry smell.
Now, remember that scrap book? We still don't know the name of this little baby girl. Hopefully we will know soon what name will be placed on the cover of that book. I'm sure it won't be long until one of the 5 or 6 names chosen will jump out at them as they look at her precious little face.
With joy and thanksgiving we praise You Lord for this newborn babe girl.
Grant her parents grace and wisdom to bring up this precious soul in the knowledge and understanding of Your Word, which makes us wise unto salvation. Watch over her with Your tenderest care and continued grace until the day they bring this little one to the font of Holy Baptism.
As surely as You will endow this child with faith and strengthen her in spirit, so too endow her with a healthy body, and strengthen and preserve her according to your good and gracious will.
And now to You be praise, glory, and thanksgiving, for this precious gift, through Jesus Christ, who is the friend of children and the Savior of all. Amen


No comments: