Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Lost Art!


What is this? It is home canning! Not very many people do canning anymore. At least none of my friends or even I do home canning.
My SISTER-IN-LAW still cans. She dose an excellent job of it too. This jar of canned stuffed peppers was given to us this summer when we were visiting her in WV. She has previously given us home canned breakfast sausage. UM-M-M GOOD!
You can see she used a wide top Ball jar. The lids have been used many times and show a little age but certainly do a good job keeping food fresh and sealed.
Thanks to my sister-in-law, we had one easy, tasty supper. I just dumped in a pan and heated them up. I love the contrast colors of red and green peppers.



I added a scoop of mashed potatoes with butter and a home made biscuit.
My sister-in-law also taught me how to make these fluffy biscuits with real buttermilk and self rising flour. She sure can cook!

You can see how nice these stuffed peppers look on the plate. The well seasoned meat shows at the opening of each pepper. Thank You for sharing your hard work and good food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you like your meal, especially in the winter.