Monday, July 30, 2007

Another Parade!

The Day's of "76" Parade in Deadwood, SD. I remember going to that parade 25 years ago when our children were just little girls. If you like horses, this is the parade for you. It is always the last week in July or first weekend in Aug. Often it falls on My birthday.

This was a great entry, I just couldn't get my camera out and ready on time. I guess I wasn't too sure if I would take a picture of this. We actually were a little close to get the whole outfit with all 6 gorgeous big Clydesdale's.

They try to keep things in the order of History. So of course the American Indian's were far to the front of the parade. I love these paint horses. Just in case you were wondering, I counted the horses and as close as I could tell there were 235 horses and about 27 Mules. The most I have ever counted at the Days of "76" parade were 300 horses and 72 Mules. That was about 5 years ago.
I loved the markings on this team.



Hear is a beautiful white team pulling the old stage coach.

Another big team pulling the Deadwood Stage.

I just thought this was neet with the wrapped legs and the two white pack mules with the big Elk or Moose horns.

It was also interesting how they had the mule's tails trimmed. Rather cute for mules!

There were so many people dressed in Pioneer cloths, also there was Wild Bill, Calamity Jane, Preacher Smith, Potato Creek Johnie Who found that big huge Gold Nugget. I won't elaborate what He was carrying in his gold pan, but usually they call them road apples.

They always have this old Jail wagon. There were dance hall girls, an old hearse wagon, many many riding groups on very tall long legged horses. There were only a few cute colts this year. This Parade lasted about 1 hour and the weather was perfect. about 80 degrees.

No comments: