Sunday, July 22, 2007

First stop on the way to ND (July 11 2007)

This was a Historical marker on the way to ND. It is such a desolate area it felt like we were in the middle of no where. We leisurely took two days to travel to My All school reunion and also the 125th anniversary of Petersburg ND., where I and My brother graduated from Unity High School. His family and My parents live only 6 miles East of Petersburg on farms close to a VERY small town named Niagara.
I can only imagine how excited these pioneers from 1875 must have felt as they spotted the Black Hills, just a mere shadow, far away at the south horizon.

The Black Hills are very hard to see! OK, maybe you can see them in the lower picture. Anyway, I could actually see just a light gray shadow of the hills as I looked over the many rolling hills of farm land. I'm sure back then it was just prairie grass with no trees for miles. There still are no trees for miles.




No comments: