Monday, July 2, 2007

The LWML National Convention

Rest On Christ the King Lutheran Women's Missionary League
This picture should give you an idea of the many people who were in attendance at the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod LWML National Convention held in Sioux Falls from June 21 to June 24Th. This was my first time attending a national convention so there was much excitement. I also was one of the workers for SD, I was on the assisted seating and helped those with the wheel chairs and with the rented wheel chairs. There were over 5000 in attendance and I could not believe how very loud it got after each session and in the big arena halls and exhibit and display hall.

I really did enjoy the convention. There were a few Speaker's who I would have rather not been present for but most were very Christ centered, the music was great. The opening service had a lot of favorite hymn's, like," Built on the rock", " My hope is built on Nothing Less ", "A Mighty Fortress", "Rock of Ages", "One Bread, One Body", "Beautiful Savior", and Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart" Picture above is of President Linda Reiser from Nebraska as she addressed the Convention.
There was the parade of banners each made by a different LWML District. They also hung the banners for viewing. I took a few pictures. This was my favorite. It really followed the theme and just looked very different and "ROCK LIKE".

This was my second favorite banner. The words were all done with beads. It was elegant yet had the message.
This is the SD District banner. It was also very nice.


These two photo's are of the Nebraska Banner. My daughter, The Lutheran Hen , was telling me about it and said she made sure she contributed her square of fabric with a "HEN" on it. There were so very many layers of cross's, one for each woman in NE. LWML. It really was very nice.








My husband and I donated the wood for these 500 center pieces. Our Mission Pastor who we help on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation made all the cross's and the 3 bible verse inscribed rocks were all assembled by LWML women. The many tables were well adorned and decorated in the dining hall.
If you want to read more about this intersting group and convention

No comments: